You can use more than one way to clear the PS5 cache. So, if you are unfamiliar with this standard troubleshooting method, read this guide. We will teach you how to clear the cache on PS5 in the easiest way possible.
- There are different ways to clear your PS5’s cache, for instance, through the safe mode or by power cycling your console.
- You can also clear a game’s cache by deleting the saved game data.
- Clearing the cache has several benefits, such as speeding up your console, increasing RAM storage, resolving errors, and more.
What Is PS5 Cache?
Like in any other console or smartphone, PS5 also comes with a separate cache storage. It is the hub for all the temporary files the games and apps need on your console. Therefore, loading becomes quicker the next time you launch any application on your PS5.
How To Clear Cache On PS5?
Clearing the PS5 cache is easy, and our guide will simplify the techniques further. Consequently, you will have no trouble applying these methods on your PS5 console.
Clear Cache In Safe Mode
It will completely wipe your system’s cache and give it a fresh start. Therefore, you will experience enhanced speed and better performance on your PS5.
- Come to the PS5 Homescreen.
- Hit the PlayStation Button on your wireless controller.|
- Different icons will appear on the bottom of your PS5 screen.
- Head to the Power Icon.
- Turn Off PS5 from the sub-menu.
- Now, go to your console.
- Long-press the Power Button.
- You have to wait for Two Beep Sounds.
- Pull away your fingers after the second beep.
- Your PS5 will enter Safe Mode.
- Connect The PS5 Controller using a USB cable.
- Now, press the PlayStation Button from the controller to access the next set of options.
- Highlight and select Clear Cache And Rebuild Database.
- You will see two options on the next screen.
- Choose Clear System Software Cache.
- Pick OK, and it will clear the cache.
Rebuilding the database sorts out the content on your console and creates a new database on the system, thereby boosting your console’s speed and eliminating many errors. Besides, it also cleans the PS5 cache. Here are the steps you can use to rebuild the database on your PS5.
- Access the Safe Mode on your PS5.
- Choose Clear Cache And Rebuild Database.
- From the next screen, pick Rebuild Database.
- The process will begin, and you will see the Rebuilding Database screen. Let it finish.
Power Cycle Your PS5
We recommend not to power cycle your PS5 too often since it might interrupt your system’s settings or adversely affect the console’s functioning. Only go with this method when you encounter a system freeze or errors.
- Hold The Power Button on your PS5 until the system shuts down.
- Halt the electrical supply to your console by Switching Off the power.
- Pull out the Power Cord from the back of your PS5.
- Pause for at least 5 minutes.
- Connect the Power Cord.
- Resume the power supply.
- Turn On your PS5 with its Power Button.
How To Clear Game Cache On PS5?
You can remove the saved game data for a specific game you are facing issues with. Deleting the data will also get rid of the faulty cache in the game’s files. Below, you will find step-by-step instructions for this process.
Clear Saved Game Data
Before clearing the saved game data on your PS5, remember to upload the game back up to the PS5 cloud storage or an external device, such as a USB. This way, you will not lose your in-game progress and achievements.
- Open your PS5 Homescreen.
- Click on the Settings icon at the top bar. It should be located beside your profile avatar.
- Navigate to Saved Data And Game/App Settings.
- Highlight Saved Data (PS5) on the left panel.
- Open Console Storage.
- Locate the Delete option on the top bar and select it.
- Mark the game for which you wish to clear the cache.
- Press the Delete option on the bottom right.
- A pop-up will appear reading; The Saved Data Will Be Deleted.
- Confirm OK.
- You will see the Deleting box. Allow the process to finish.
When Should You Clear the Cache On Your PS5?
You should clean the PS5 cache once every week if you want it to function without errors and unwanted hindrances. In addition, we have listed various circumstances under which performing a cache clear will be helpful. You should clear the cache when;
- Your console is slowing down, or it is often lagging.
- The screen is stuck, or the system has become unresponsive.
- There are PlayStation or game errors on your system.
- The system fails to detect external devices, like the wireless PS5 controller.
- Your installed games/apps are not loading.
- The RAM storage is full.
- You face difficulties in turning on/off your PS5.
What Are The Advantages Of Clearing PS5 Cache?
You will be surprised to know about the many benefits of this quick process. Clearing your PS5’s cache will;
- Speed up your console and increase its performance.
- Fix the system when it has become unresponsive to the controller or remote.
- Remove connectivity glitches, restoring the connection between the PS5 console and external devices.
- Resolve ongoing PlayStation errors.
- Solve game or app errors and make the run more smoothly.
- Increase storage space in the system’s RAM.
- Allow the proper installation of PS5 updates.
Does Clearing PS5 Cache Improve Gaming?
Clearing the cache will help resolve many issues in your installed games. For example, remove the PS5 cache if any of the installed games are lagging or not loading correctly, you cannot save new in-game progress and achievements, the multiplayer mode is not working, or the game has errors. On the other hand, it also helped resolve Madden 22 Trial Not Working on our PS5.
Lastly, we hope you resolved your console’s issue with our guide and know how to clean the cache on your PS5. Refer to our guides if you encounter Disney Plus Not Working On PS5 or DNS Error NW-102311-8 On PS5.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Clearing Cache Help Gaming?
Yes, clearing your PlayStation's cache can fix a lot of common game issues, such as the game not loading, new progress not being saved, lagging, etc.
Will Deleting Saved Game Data Erase My In-Game Progress?
Yes, it will reset your game to the initial settings unless you create a backup of the data. Upload the game's data to the PS5 cloud storage or transfer it to a USB.
Does Restarting PS5 Clear Cache?
Hard Restarting your PS5, also known as a power cycle, will erase your console's cache.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.