If you are new to using PS4, you have come to the right place. We will teach you the basics of how to restart PlayStation 4 and the different methods you can use for this process. Let’s read them all.
- PS4 Can Be Restarted Through Several Methods Including, Quick Menu, Power Menu, Safe Mode, Console’s Power Button, and a Hard Restart.
- You can either restart directly through the Console or perform a Hard Restart when your controller is not working.
- Restarting PS4 offers several benefits, such as clearing the system’s cache, boosting its speed, resolving errors, and more.
How Does Restarting PS4 Resolve Errors?
Restarting PS4 will clean the cache storage of your console, thus eliminating any harmful glitches or bugs in the temporary files. It also frees space in the RAM storage to improve the performance of the installed games and apps on your PS4.
How To Restart PlayStation 4?
Learning the different ways to restart your PS4 is the first step to mastering your console. This guide talks about each method in detail, so you understand every minute aspect of the process. Here you go.
Restart Via Quick Menu
Safely restart your PS4 with the Quick Menu. It takes a few seconds and is easy to access because you can launch it on the left side of your Main Screen.
- Open the PS4 Homescreen.
- Locate the PS Button on your controller and press it.
- It will launch a Quick Menu.
- Select Power from this menu.
- You will see a new set of options.
- Pick Restart PS4 to close all the running programs and restart the console.
Restart Via Console
Opt for this method when your controller is not working, the screen is unresponsive, or you cannot navigate to the system settings for some reason.
- Go to your PS4 Console.
- Hold the Power Button until your PS4 turns off.
- Again, press the Power Button to turn it on.
Important Note: Wait for at least 2 minutes before turning on your console for a safe restart.
Restart Via Power Menu
There is a separate Power Menu in PS4, which consists of various power options for your console. Restarting through this method is easy and quick. Below, you will find the steps we use for this technique.
- Find the Power icon on your Homescreen.
- Scroll to Power Options to approach the distinct power settings for your PS4.
- Select Restart PS4 to head on with the process.
Restart Via Safe Mode
It is another technique to restart your console. Selecting the Restart PS4 option from the Safe Mode will allow your console to reboot normally.
- Shut down your PS4.
- Hold the Power Button on your console for about 10 seconds to access Safe Mode.
- Wait until you hear Two Beep sounds from the console before letting go of the Power Button.
- You will see Safe Mode on your screen.
- Attach the PS4 Controller to the Console with a USB cable.
- Once connected, press the PS Button on your controller.
- You will see various options regarding your console.
- Select Restart PS4.
Hard Restart comes in handy when you are faced with PS4 errors or issues in the installed apps and games on your console, for example, PS4 “Appear Offline” Feature Is Not Working and Media Remote Not Working On PS4.
- Long-press the Power Button on your console for about 10 seconds.