This guide will teach you how to restart the Xbox Series X quickly and efficiently to eliminate frustrating errors. The process can resolve many Xbox errors, such as 0x87e00013, E203, and more. So, let’s move on.
- You can restart Xbox Series X in many ways, for example, through the Guide Button, System Settings, Side Menu, Console, or a Hard Restart.
- A Hard Restart can fix many errors on your Xbox.
- Restarting with the Guide Button, System Settings, and Side Menu are the safest ways to maintain your console’s health.
How To Restart Xbox Series X?
There are many ways to restart your Xbox Series X console. You can use these methods in different situations; for example, if you encounter an Xbox error that hinders the smooth running of games and other applications on your console.
Restart Via Guide Button
Restart your console with the Guide Button on your Xbox controller when you are in a rush. It only takes a few seconds and will safely freshen up the system.
- Open the Homescreen.
- With the controller on, hold the Guide Button.
- It will open a dialog box on the screen.
- Choose Restart Console.
Restart Via Console
Only proceed with this method when your Xbox screen is frozen or has some issue with the controller. Directly restarting your console might affect the system’s files and overall health.
- Press the Xbox Button on your console till the system turns off.
- Wait for a minute.
- Turn on your Xbox Series X with the Xbox Button.
Restart Via Side Menu
The side menu in Xbox Series X has various options, including the Power settings. Hence, you can choose to restart the console through this method.
- Close all the apps and games and come to the Homescreen.
- Press the Guide Button on your Xbox controller.
- Notice a menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click on your Profile Avatar at the topmost column of this menu.
- It will give you access to the Profile And System.
- Scroll to Power.
- Pick the last option, Restart Console.
Restart Via General Menu
Another way to restart your Xbox Series X console is through its system settings. Use this when you are already on the Settings page, and face some errors or glitches while adjusting the console’s settings.
- Press the controller’s Guide Button to launch the sub-menu on your Homescreen.
- Highlight your Profile Avatar.
- Navigate to Settings with the controller’s analog stick.
- You will see a bunch of different Xbox settings on your screen.
- Pick General from the left bar.
- Head to Power Mode & Startup.
- Select Restart Now under the Options heading on your left.
Also called a cold restart or a power cycle, a hard restart is a solution for an unending list of Xbox errors. It cleans the system of any temporary glitches or bugs causing errors, like 0x87e50007 and I Am Fish Not Working On Xbox on your console.
- Go to your Xbox Series X Console so it is within your reach.
- Find the Xbox Button and long-press it for 10 seconds.
- Your system will now shut down.
- Halt the power supply by turning off the Power Switch.
- Disconnect the wire and the Power Cord from your console.
- Pause for 5 minutes.
- Reconnect the cables and turn on the Power Switch.
- Lastly, press the Xbox Button to turn on your console.
When Should You Restart Your Xbox Series X?
Ideally, there are many situations where you should consider restarting your console. It includes the following;
- When you come across any Xbox, game, or app error on your console.
- After updating the console’s system software or an application.
- When your Xbox becomes unresponsive.
- If Xbox starts lagging or slowing down.
- If the console starts heating too much or produces loud fan noise.
- When you cannot connect external devices, for example, a USB, to your console.
- When the system fails to detect the wireless Xbox controller.
- Your controller becomes unresponsive.
What Are The Advantages Of Restarting Your Console?
This simple process comes with an unending list of advantages. Restarting Your Xbox Series X can;
- Fix various Xbox errors, game errors, and application issues.
- Clean the system cache data.
- Free up RAM by halting the installed applications’ background processes and temporary files.
- Increase your console’s speed.
- Resolve network connectivity problems.
- Solve connectivity issues of external devices.
- Remove bugs and glitches present in your system and its files.
How Does Restarting Xbox Series X Fix Errors?
One of the general causes of Xbox errors is the buildup of the erroneous cache within the system files, which may further lead to the development of bugs. Consequently, a restart will fix the error by clearing the system’s cache and the residing bugs and glitches.
It’s a wrap on how to restart the Xbox Series X console in different ways. We hope every method is crystal clear and you can efficiently perform it yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Different Ways To Restart My Xbox Series X Console?
There are many ways to restart your Xbox Series X consoles, such as through the Guide button, Xbox console, System Settings, Cold Restart, and more.
How Can I Quickly Restart My Xbox Series X?
Go to "Xbox Homescreen" > Press the "Guide Button" on your controller > Select "Restart Now" to quickly restart your console.
Which Is The Best Restart Method To Fix Xbox Errors?
A hard restart/power cycle is among the top solutions for Xbox errors. Hold the console's "Xbox Button" till it shuts down and disconnect the power cables. Reconnect the cables after 5 minutes and turn on your Xbox.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.