Many PS4 and PS5 players often get messages saying, “Something went wrong: WS-116415-8.” The error code usually occurs when the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network but fails. So, are there any fixes to this PlayStation error? Let’s find out in this guide.
- PlayStation error WS-116415-8 appears when the PSN servers are not functioning due to glitches or ongoing maintenance.
- There is no solution for the error, but you can try restarting your internet modem and PS console.
- Stay updated with the PlayStation Twitter account to know as soon as the servers are back live.
PlayStation Error WS-116415-8 And Its Causes
The error indicates that the PlayStation Network servers are currently down, thus halting online PlayStation services across the globe. It is, unfortunately, a problem that is out of your hands.Whenever you experience this particular error code, there is a high chance that the issue is not at your end. PS users worldwide are unable to sign in to their PSN accounts. Therefore, you cannot access any online features, such as shopping from the PlayStation Store, playing online games, using Share Play (inviting friends to stream your gameplay), storing data in cloud storage, etc.
However, you can play games installed on your PS console without interruptions until the network is back on again.
How To Fix PlayStation Error WS-116415-8?
As we discussed above, this PlayStation error is not caused by issues at your end and occurs solely due to the network’s fault. However, we will list the general fixes that can successfully resolve various PlayStation errors.
Check The Server Status
The wise thing to do would be to look up the PSN server status to determine the next steps. Here’s how you can do it.
- Go to “Google.com.”
- You will see the browser page.
- Type “Are PlayStation servers currently down?”
- Wait for the results to load.
- Click on the top link.
- It will take you to the PSN website.
- Now, select your country/region from the list.
- The server is down if the next screen says, “Some services are experiencing issues.” You will also see a list of affected PSN services.
- On the other hand, if it reads, “All services are up and running,” there are no faults with the PSN servers.
Restart Your Router
In most cases, attempting a simple power cycle on your internet device solves the most troublesome errors. Hence, there is no harm in trying this fix.
- Turn off your device via the power button.
- Unplug it from the power socket.
- Wait for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Plug the wires in the socket.
- Now, turn on the router via the power button.
- Wait for the relevant lights to turn on.
- Reconnect your console to the internet and try signing in.
Power Cycle Your PlayStation Console
We tested this fix on several PlayStation errors, like 5001, 80023102, DNS Error NW-102311-8, etc., and it worked effectively in getting rid of those. Hence, follow the steps below to power cycle your PlayStation console safely. You can also try restarting your PS4 in the normal way, but a power cycle is a better option.
- Turn off the PS console via the power button.
- Unplug all the cables and wires connecting the console to the power socket.
- Wait for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Plug the cables back.
- Turn on your console.
- Now, try to sign in and see if the error is still there.
Refer To PlayStation Twitter Support
PlayStation Network has a dedicated Twitter account where users can get all the recent updates regarding the network and its servers. The team will post an update as soon as the servers are up and running so that you can enjoy uninterrupted gaming.
There is technically no fix when your screen shows the “Something went wrong: WS-116415-8” error. You can only wait for the technical team at the network to resolve the problems within their servers for all the PSN services to function again.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PlayStation Error Code WS-116415-8?
This error code appears when the PlayStation servers are down due to glitches or for maintenance, thus putting a pause on all its online services across the world.
How can I solve PlayStation Error Code WS-116415-8?
Since the problem is not on your end, there is nothing you can do to fix the error WS-116415-8. Wait for the tech experts at PlayStation Network to resolve the server issues.
Why can't I sign in to PSN?
You probably see the error WS-116418, which means that the PSN servers are having trouble. As a result, online services are currently unavailable.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.