PS4 Error NW-31247-7 is a prevalent PlayStation issue that has agitated many users. The error occurs due to network issues and can be solved through different methods, including restarting the router.
- The NW-31247-7 error on PS4 is caused due to network issues.
- The issue can be solved quickly by restarting the modem.
- Some other fixes include keeping your internet device and console close to each other or turning the Wi-Fi off from other connected devices.
PS4 Error NW-31247-7 [Causes & Fixes]NW-31247-7 is an error code that occurs on the PlayStation 4 console and indicates a network connection issue. Several factors, including a poor internet connection, a problem with your modem, or issues with the PlayStation Network, can cause this error.
Here, we will brief you on all the potential fixes to this issue. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
Restart Your Modem
Since this is a network-related issue, restart your modem first. We have explained this method before in the 13 Ways To Fix ESPN Error 503 guide. To do so, just follow these simple steps:
- Switch off the modem by pushing and holding the power button.
- Unplug the modem from the connection after it has completely turned off.
- Wait for a few seconds, ideally 10-15.
- Plug the modem in and switch it on by pressing the power button.
Place Your Modem Closer To The Console
It would help if you kept your modem close to the PS4 console. This is a recommended fix on the PS4 website, and they have vouched for this. So, when this error occurs, just place both of the devices closer to each other, making sure that there are no obstacles between them, and see if your PS4 works or not.
Turn Off Wi-Fi From Other Devices
It is possible that the many devices with Wi-Fi connected to them are using more bandwidth, and thus this error is occurring on your PS4. So, it would be best to turn off the Wi-Fi from other devices and then access the PS4. In most cases, the error fades away when only PS4 is connected to Wi-Fi.
Check PlayStation Network Servers
The PlayStation 4 could be used to verify if the PlayStation Network is unavailable. To do so, go to the “Settings” menu on the console, select “Network,” and then “View Status of PlayStation Network Services.”
Alternatively, you can visit the PSN official site to see whether your country’s servers are down. If the servers are operating normally, you can proceed with the other solutions to resolve your issue.
Check PS4 Connection Status
We would recommend you check the connection status of your PS4. It is one of the most effective NW-31247-7 PS4 fixes. You can do it by following this process:
- Go to the home screen of your PS4.
- Press up on the D-pad to access the menu.
- Select “Settings” from the displayed menu.
- Go to “Network” from the list of options.
- Click on “Test Internet Connection.”
- Your PS4 will test your network connection and display the results, including the IP address, signal strength, and NAT type.
Alter The DNS Servers
It would be best if you considered altering the DNS server settings on PS4, as this error is also known as the PS4 DNS server did not respond within the time limit. This has aided in solving many errors in the past, like PS4 Error WS-37469-9, and it will help solve this problem too. You can change the DNS servers by implementing this method:
- Navigate to “Settings”> “Network.”
- From the menu, select “Set Up Internet Connection.”
- Depending upon your connection type, choose “Wi-Fi” or “LAN.”
- Now, click on “Custom.”
- As per your preference, choose between “WPS Button” or “AOSS.”
- Now, select “Automatic” > ” Do Not Specify” > ” Manual.”
- Here, you will be asked to enter the DNS code values. Set 18.104.22.168 as Primary DNS and 22.214.171.124 as Secondary DNS.
- Select “Next.”
- Click on “Automatic” and set the Proxy Server to “Do Not Use.”
- Voila! your Domain Name System (DNS) settings have been successfully altered.
Enable DHCP On Your Modem
You will need to access the modem’s web interface to enable DHCP on your modem. The process for doing this is different depending on your modem’s model and version, but typically, the following process is used:
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your modem in the address bar. The default IP address for most modems is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Log in to the modem’s web interface using the default username and password.
- Locate the DHCP setting under a menu called “LAN,” “IP,” “Network,” or “DHCP.”
- Look for an option to enable DHCP, and select it. It will typically be a checkbox or a button labeled “Enable.”
- After enabling DHCP, be sure to save the settings before exiting the web interface.
- Once the settings have been saved, restart the modem to ensure that the DHCP settings take effect.
Note: DHCP is enabled by default on most modems, so you might not need to do anything.
Rebuild PS4 Database Via Safe Mode
If the techniques listed above are ineffective, you must rebuild your PS4’s database. You can accomplish this by following these steps:
- Turn off your PS4 system completely.
- Hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds or until the console produces two beeps.
- The words “Safe Mode” will appear on the screen. Follow the directions displayed on the screen.
- Attach the DualShock 4 to your PlayStation, then click the “PS” button.
- Select “Rebuild Database” from the presented menu and hit the “X” button.
- Wait for the procedure to complete. It may take a few minutes for the PS4 to resume.
- Now, navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Go to “Network” > “Test Internet Connection.”
- After the test is done, see if the error persists.
Update Your Modem’s Software
Updating your modem’s software or firmware can help fix bugs and improve the performance of your route. The process for this may vary depending on the model of your modem, but generally, the process is as follows:
- Open a web browser and enter your modem’s IP address in the address bar. This can usually be found in the modem’s manual or by searching online for the default IP address for your modem’s make and model.
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password. You can find the default login information in the modem’s manual or by searching online.
- You can find the software update option under a menu labeled “Firmware,” “Software,” or “System.”
- Follow the instructions to download and install the update. This process may take several minutes.
- Once the update is complete, reboot the modem to ensure the new firmware is appropriately installed.
Note: A firmware update may erase any custom configurations you have made to your modem, so be sure to make a note of any important settings before updating. Also, it’s a good practice to check the manufacturer’s website for the most updated firmware version before starting the process.
What To Do When Nothing Is Solving The Error
If the solutions mentioned above are not aiding in solving the error, then we suggest you switch to a LAN cable. Old users of PlayStation still rely upon the ethernet cables due to their durability and faster network connection. Just change your network settings to LAN and check whether or not the error displays.
We hope that this guide has helped you in solving the PS4 Error NW-31247-7. To resolve it, try restarting your modem, checking your internet connection, and ensuring that the PlayStation Network is online. If the problem persists, contact your internet service provider or Sony customer support for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if a DNS server Cannot be used on PS4?
If you cannot use a DNS server on your PS4, you should try restarting your PS4 and router or altering the DNS server settings by using the method described above. You should also test your internet connection, check for PS4 system updates, and see if there is any new update for your modem's firmware.
How do I fix error code NW-31201-7?
You can fix this error code on your PS4 by restarting your modem or testing the internet connection via PS4.
What is NW-31201-7 on PS4?
It means that PS4 could not access the network. The PlayStation Network or the game's server may be momentarily unavailable when this occurs. You can verify the game's server status on its website.
Why does NAT type failed on PS4?
A NAT type failed error on PS4 means that the console is unable to determine the NAT type correctly. A number of factors, including incorrect network settings, router configuration, firewall, disabled UPnP, ISP restrictions, or outdated modem firmware, can cause it.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.