Xbox error code 80151012 mostly happens on Xbox 360 but is not limited to the model. You may encounter this issue when you log in to your Microsoft account on Xbox Live. It is necessary to adjust a few settings on your console before you can proceed with the login. Let’s talk about how you can resolve the error quickly.
- Error 80151012 occurs when you are logged in to multiple Xbox 360 consoles with the same Xbox Live profile.
- You can resolve this download error by clearing the console’s cache, power cycling your device, removing the profile from all other Xbox 360 consoles, and more.
- The official Xbox website does not maintain the latest data for Xbox 360 consoles. Hence, you can post your troubles at online Xbox support forums.
What Is Xbox Error Code 80151012?
Error 80151012 is related to the issues with the profile login. It can also appear if you switch from Xbox One to Xbox 360 with the same profile. The latter needs to recognize your profile credentials before it can let you in.Therefore, this guide will teach you how to do that and more to send away this annoying Xbox error. Wait, we also have step-by-step fixes for Xbox error codes 0X87DD000F, 0x80190193, 0X89231906, and many more.
How To Fix Xbox Error Code 80151012?
To be honest, there are not many solutions for this error. However, the ones we will discuss below are all personally tried by our team for the error 80151012. Thus, quickly read them to get back to your ultimate gaming experience.
Check Xbox Live Server Status
You may encounter different Xbox errors due to a fault in Xbox servers. Whenever there are technical issues within the servers, various Xbox services are halted across the globe. Therefore, check where the problem comes from before you move on to the next steps.
- Go to your browser.
- Type “Xbox Server Status” in the search bar and hit “Enter.”
- Go to the first link (Xbox Status).
- Use the “Status Keys” to check which servers are currently down.
Power Cycle Your Console
Performing a power cycle fixes various Xbox errors, like 0xe0e80000f, E106, etc. Try this fix for the profile download error 8015102 and log in again to your account. You can follow the steps below to power cycle your Xbox device.
- Hold the “Power” button on the console for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the device will shut down completely.
- Remove the plugs from the power supply.
- Pause for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Replug your device and turn it on via the “Power” button.
- Wait for the console to start.
- Log in to your profile and look for the error.
You can clear the system cache to remove any corrupted files present within the console. It removes unnecessary data that can potentially hinder your Xbox experience while also fixing common errors. Here’s how you can clear the cache for your Xbox 360 device.
- Press the “Guide” button on your Xbox controller to access the main screen.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Choose “System.”
- From the system settings, choose “Storage.”
- Select “Hard Drive.”
- Move downwards to “System Items.”
- Pick “Content Cache.”
- Hit “Delete.”
- From the pop-up box, go with “Yes.”
- Do not turn off your console and let the process complete.
- Once the console has restarted after clearing the cache, check for the error 80151012.
Remove Your Profile From All Other Xbox 360 Consoles
To sign in to your Microsoft account successfully, you must log out from the account on all other Xbox 360 devices. There are two ways to do this.
From the “Security, Family, and Forums” Section
- Search “Xbox Live” on your browser.
- Go to the official “Xbox Live” website.
- Click on “Sign In” and enter your credentials.
- Go to “My Account.”
- Pick “Security, Family, and Forums.”
- Go to “Xbox Profile Protection.”
- Next, select Require Profile Download” from beneath the “Consoles that do not require your password for sign-in” option.
- It will delete your profile from all other Xbox 360 consoles.
- Finally, log in on your desired Xbox 360 and see if you can get past the stage.
- Sign in to your “Xbox Live” account from the website.
- After the sign in, click on “My Account” in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Press “Safety.”
- Choose “Remove My Profile From All Xbox 360 Accounts.”
- Now, head to “Visited Consoles.”
- Select “Require Profile Download.”
- Go back to your Xbox 360 console and try to log in again.
Reset The Password For Your Microsoft Account
If nothing works out, try resetting the password to your Microsoft Account.
- Search “Reset Xbox Live Password” on your browser.
- Click on the first link (Reset or Recover Your Lost Microsoft Account Password.)
- Hit the “Reset Your Password” button.
- It will take you to a new tab.
- Enter your Microsoft Account credentials and click “Next.”
- Verify your backup email.
- Select “Next” and wait for the security code.
- Enter the security code sent to your backup email.
- Choose “Next.”
- You will now be able to reset your password.
- Sign in to your console with the new password and see if it is successful.
Point To Remember
Since Xbox 360 console was released in 2005, the Xbox Support page doesn’t cater to new queries related to the device. However, you can still head to Xbox forums, such as the “Xbox Community” and”Forum Xbox- Microsoft Community.” Post your queries there or connect with other Xbox 360 gamers to gain advice and tips for the error 80151012.
We hope you now have enough knowledge on how to solve the Xbox error code 80151012. It will not take a big chunk of your day to eliminate this error, and with our step-by-step process for each solution, you can remove it quickly. Happy gaming!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Xbox Error Code 80151012?
The Xbox error 80151012 occurs when you have logged in to the same profile on various Xbox 360 consoles. The console fails to confirm your identity, thus displaying this error code.
How Can I Fix Xbox Error 80151012?
There are several quick fixes to this error. Start by power cycling your Xbox 360 console, then clear the cache, log out of your profile on all other devices via Xbox Live website. If nothing works, head to different Xbox support forums to resolve your query.
Why Can't I Download My Xbox 360 Profile?
Issues happen with downloading your Xbox 360 profile when you have logged in with the same profile in to many Xbox 360 devices. Clear your profile from all other consoles from Xbox Live website and then proceed with the log in.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.