Sometimes, the Disney Infinity Base may not connect to your console or may not work entirely. In any case, we will explain all the fixes you can use when your Disney Infinity Base is not working. Keep reading to know more.
- The Disney Infinity Base may not work on your console due to a corrupt console user profile, malfunctioning of the connected USB port, incorrect placement of the Infinity Base, and more.
- You can solve the issue by placing the accessory on a stable, firm, and even surface, removing any metal objects from nearby, connecting it to a different USB port, etc.
- Make sure that the model of your Disney Infinity Base is compatible with the console’s version.
Why Is Your Disney Infinity Base Not Working?
When your Disney Infinity Base is not working, we can detect the causes to be one of the following.
- Placing it on an unstable, uneven, or metallic surface.
- Presence of metallic surfaces nearby.
- A faulty USB port.
- Console glitches.
- Corrupt Profile.
- Inaccurate placement of characters and power discs on the Infinity Base.
- Faulty batteries.
- Incompatibility between the Infinity Base model and the console’s model.
How To Fix Your Disney Infinity Base?
You will find all the solutions in this section to help resolve your Disney Infinity Base’s functioning.
Replace The Batteries
Disney Infinity Base requires “3 AAA” batteries to run. To check if the batteries have run out of power, take them out of the compartment and insert them in another compatible device, such as a clock, a TV remote, etc. Get rid of the batteries if this device fails to work. Insert a fresh pair of batteries in your Infinity Base to enable its operation.
Use An Alternative USB Port
It is possible that the USB port you are using has some glitch or has lost its functioning. Hence, plug out your Infinity Base cable and connect it to a different USB port on your console to inspect its performance.
Complete The Full Tutorial
The Infinity Base will not begin to function until you have finished the tutorial to its last second. Thus, let the tutorial complete to continue using this Disney accessory.
Use The Right Surface
You should always keep the Disney Infinity Base on a stable and even surface so the console can detect it without any trouble. Besides that, you must avoid placing it on a metal surface because they are not ideal for its working.
Be Cautious With The Placement
Place the Infinity Base near the console to enable it to quickly scan the characters and the worlds you place on the Base. Also, keep any metal objects away from the Infinity Base when you want to use it.
Furthermore, note that you have set the figures and discs in the right spots on the Infinity Base. The “Circular Spots” are for placing Characters and the Circular Power Discs, while the “Hexagonal Spot” is for Disney Infinity Play Set Pieces and Additional Hexagonal Power Discs.
Check The Compatibility
The Disney Infinity Bases are explicitly designed for different console models. There are six models of the Infinity Base, each compatible with a particular console model. You need a separate Disney Infinity Base model for the devices mentioned in the bullets below.
- PS3/PS4 and Wii/Wii U use the same model.
- Xbox 360.
- Xbox One.
- Nintendo 3DS.
- PlayStation Vita.
- 4th Generation Apple TV.
Look at the bottom of the Infinity Base to check if you have the correct model for your console.
Power Cycle The Console
Power cycle the console if it fails to recognize the Disney Infinity Base after multiple tries. It will clean the temporary glitches or bugs present in the connection.
Here are the steps to perform a power cycle on your console.
- Come to the PS5 “Homescreen.”
- Press the “Options” button on your wireless controller.
- A list of different options will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the last icon, “Power.”
- Choose it to open a drop-down.
- “Turn Off PS5” from this menu.
- Let the system shut down.
- Now, disconnect the power cord attaching the console to the power socket.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Resume the power supply by reconnecting the power cord.
- Turn on your console via the “Power” button.
- Check if it successfully connects to the Infinity Base.
- Hold the “Xbox” button on your console until the system shuts down.
- Disconnect the power cable to stop the power supply.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, reattach the power cable.
- Press the “Xbox” button to turn on your device.
- Hold the “Power” button on the bottom right of your device.
- Wait for the “Power Light” to go out.
- Once 2 to 3 minutes have passed, press the “power” button to turn on your Nintendo.
Use The Infinity Base On Another Console
We need to rule out if the problem is within the console. Thus, connect the Infinity Base to another console, probably that of your friend or family, and see if it works fine on a different console. However, ensure that the console you connect to is compatible with your Infinity Base’s model.
If the Base operates smoothly, your console may have a technical problem.
Create A New Profile On Your Console
A corrupt user profile is another possibility why you cannot use the Infinity Base on your console. Therefore, create a new Xbox/PlayStation/Nintendo profile and use access Disney Infinity on it to confirm whether the Base is performing fine.
The last step is to contact Disney Support for your issue or refer to the Disney Infinity Fandom to check if another user encountered the sample problem and if they have any effective fixes for you. However, if you suspect a problem with your console, go to PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo support.
What To Do If Nothing Works?
If you recently purchased your Infinity Base, replace the set if possible. Inform the seller of this issue and ask them to either provide you with a refund or exchange your Infinity Base with a new set.
These are all the solutions you can try when your Disney Infinity Base is not working. We hope you found this guide helpful in getting rid of the issue. Check our guides on Disney Plus error 90, Disney Plus error 91, and Disney Plus error 92 if you use the streaming service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is Disney Infinity Base Not Working?
Your Disney Infinity Base may fail to work because of glitches in your profile or the USB connection, improper placement, hardware issues on the console's end, etc.
How To Fix My Disney Infinity Base?
Ensure that the Infinity Base is placed correctly, remove any metal objects from its surroundings, power cycle your console, and use a new account on your console to fix the problem.
Which Surface Should I Use To Place My Disney Infinity Base?
Ideally, Infinity Base needs an even and stable surface to function smoothly. Moreover, make sure it is not made of metal.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.