Disney Plus error code 24 comes to the surface due to problems with the internet, and it asks users to re-enter their account information. In most cases, the error can be fixed by restarting the router. If that does not work, you will have to try something else.
- The Disney Plus Error Code 24 is a temporary connectivity problem.
- It can be caused by connection issues or Dinsey Plus having trouble retrieving your account information.
- The error can be solved by power cycling the internet router, re-entering your account information, and restarting the streaming device.
What Is The Disney Plus Error Code 24?
This error appears when you are trying to play a video. It is frequently accompanied by the message “Sorry, we are having trouble connecting to your account. Please re-enter your account information and try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code 24).” The issue stems from connectivity issues or server problems. It can potentially be caused by the following:
- Disney Plus servers are not working.
- Inconsistent TCP/ICP.
- Low internet bandwidth.
- The Disney Plus app is corrupted.
How To Fix The Disney Plus Error Code 24?
Now that you know, most of the causes for the error code appear when playing a video on Disney Plus. We have compiled the most effective fixes to resolve the problem. These tried and tested methods can be found below. Before proceeding further, why not check our guide on how to fix Disney Plus not working on PS5?
Make Sure You Have A Reliable Internet Connection
Make sure you are utilizing a stable internet connection. The content you are attempting to watch likely requires a more demanding and efficient connection than the one you are currently using. The likelihood of getting error code 24 increases if your internet connection is subpar. You can run an internet speed test in your browser to determine your internet speed.
- Launch your browser.
- On the search bar, type “Speed test.”
- Select the first result that shows up.
- On the speed test website, click on “GO.”
Or you can visit speedtest.net.5 MBPS for high-definition content and 25 MBPS for 4K videos are the official recommendations for uninterrupted Disney Plus streaming. Suppose you discover that your internet speed falls short of the specified speed. In that case, we advise restarting your router, unplugging additional Wi-Fi-connected devices, upgrading your internet subscription plan, or getting in touch with your internet service provider. If you find that an internet connection is adequate and you still face the error, we suggest moving on to other solutions.
Verify The Status Of The Disney Plus Servers
Another reason you might be facing the error code is the Disney Plus servers being down for maintenance or crashing. In this case, none of our mentioned solutions will work. You can check the status of the servers by following the below-mentioned instructions:
- Launch your browser.
- On the search bar, type “Down detector.”
- Click on the first search result.
- On the website’s search bar, type “Disney Plus.”
Or go to downdetector directly. You will be able to see the status of the servers. If they are up and running, we suggest trying our other solutions. However, if the servers are encountering problems, you can only wait out the issue until it is fixed on Disney’s end.
Log Out And Then Back Into The Disney Plus App
If a temporary glitch or bug brought on the problem, logging out of your account and back in again might help resolve the error code 24.
- Launch your Disney Plus app.
- Enter the credentials of your account and “Log in.”
- Select your profile icon in the top right.
- Select “Account.”
- Select “Log out of all devices in the account menu options.”
After successfully logging out of your account, sign back in and see if you still experience the error. We also have a detailed guide on how to fix Disney Plus error code 91 in case you run into this error as well.
Restart The Streaming Device
The method of correctly restarting your device can vary from device to device. We have outlined the steps to do so below, depending on the device you use:
- Exit the Dinsey Plus app.
- Press the power button on the side for a few seconds.
- From the menu that appears, select “Restart.”
After the phone has restarted, open the app and try to stream some content to see if the error has been resolved.
- Hold the side and one of the volume buttons until the power-off slider option appears.
- Slide across the slider and wait about 30 seconds for the device to turn off.
- Turn it back on by holding the power button on the side until the apple logo appears.
- Exit the Disney Plus app.
- Enter “Settings.”
- From the settings menu, select “System.”
- From the available options, choose “Restart.”
- After waiting a minute, turn your TV on and launch the Disney Plus app to see if the error was fixed.
- Close the app. Select “Settings” from the Home menu on the dashboard.
- Following that, select “More Settings” from the menu.
- In the General settings, select “Device Preferences.”
- Then choose “About.”
- Next, from the menu, click on “Restart.”
- Now open Disney plus to see if error code 24 was solved.
- Exit the Disney Plus app or close the browser.
- Click on the windows icon.
- Select the power icon and click on “Restart.”
- After your computer has restarted, relaunch Disney plus to see if you still encounter the error code.
Run A Power Cycle On Your Internet Router
Conducting a power cycle of your router will give it a fresh start and hopefully help you fix the Disney Plus Error Code 24. This will restore your connection in the simplest and quickest way possible and resolve any TCP/IP discrepancy issues. We also recommended the same solution for Disney Plus error code 92. To perform a power cycle, follow the instructions below:
- Press the power button at the back to turn off the internet modem.
- Then, unplug the device from the power source.
- After a minute or two has passed, plug it back in.
- Next, press the same power button to turn it on.
- After the connection has been established, launch the Disney Plus app and see if you get the same error code.
Before heading onto the next fix, we recommend you check out the causes and fixes for Disney Plus error code 401.
Clear Browser Cache And Cookies
We suggest deleting the browser cache and cookies if you access Disney Plus via a browser. Your browser’s cookies and cache may corrupt, resulting in error code 24. For clearing cache, most browsers provide built-in utilities. Nevertheless, we’ll demonstrate how to clear the cache in some of the most popular browsers. Most browsers share a similar method.
- On your computer, launch Google Chrome.
- Then, click on the three dotted-line icons in the top right corner of the home screen.
- From the menu, choose “More tools,” and then click.
- Next, select “Clear browsing data...”
- Pick a time range for when you’d like your cache to be deleted.
- Click “Clear data” and choose “All time” under Time Range if you wish to delete all data.
- Launch Safari.
- In the top left of the homepage, click “Safari.”
- Then, select “Preferences.”
- Then, go to the Privacy Tab.
- Next, select “Manage Website Data.”
- Click “Remove all.”
- Then, select “Remove Now.”
- Launch Microsoft Edge
- In the top right of the home screen, select the menu icon.
- From the options, select “History.”
- From the menu that appears, click on the three-dotted line on the top right.
- Click on “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Check all the boxes.
- Select “All time” as the Time Range.
- Click on “Clear Now.”
- On the top right corner of the homepage, click on the menu icon.
- Select “History” from the drop-down menu.
- Next, choose “Clear Recent history” from the options.
- Then in the pop-up menu, select “Everything” as the Time Range.
- Next, select “OK.”
After the data has been deleted, open the Disney app and see if you can stream videos without running into the error code.
Delete Disney App Cache
If you receive the error code on your smartphone, you can clear the app cache to resolve it. Your phone’s app cache can be cleared using the following instructions:
- Access the “Settings” of your phone.
- Select “Apps and Notifications.”
- Look for “Disney Plus” from your list of apps.
- Select “Storage” from the list of options, as shown in the image below.
- Then select a “Clear Cache,” as seen below.
Reinstall The Disney Plus App
An important step you could take to resolve this issue is to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Doing this will ensure that all the corrupted data is removed and the most recent version is installed. We have outlined the steps to delete and reinstall the app on major platforms.
- Select “Settings” from the home screen
- Go to “Applications.”
- Tap on “Manage Applications.”
- Scroll through the list to find the Disney Plus App
- Tap on “Uninstall.”
- We suggest then restarting the device before reinstalling the app.
- Go to the Google Play store.
- Search for Disney Plus on the search bar.
- “Install” the Disney Plus app.
- Log back into your account.
- Tap the Disney Plus app from your home screen and hold it until it begins to wobble.
- Choose, Remove app.
- Select the “Delete app” option.
- Turn the device completely off, then on again.
- Reinstall the Disney Plus app by visiting the App Store.
- Download the app.
- Then Sign into your account.
- Visit “Settings.”
- Go to “Applications.”
- Then, “Manage Applications.”
- Select “All.”
- Uninstall “Google Home” and the “Disney Plus” app.
- Turn off your TV and then turn it on again.
- Reinstall both applications from the Google Play Store
- Log into your account using your credentials.
- From the home screen, select the Disney Plus app.
- Hold the touchpad of your remote until the app icon starts to jiggle.
- Push the play/pause button.
- Then, choose “Delete.”
- Reinstall the Disney+ app by visiting the App Store.
- Sign back into your account.
Contact Disney Support
If nothing else seemed to have worked from our fixes, we suggest getting in touch with the official Disney Plus support team. They can provide the additional technical assistance you might require to fix this issue.You can also post about your issue on the Disney Plus Reddit forum. Other users who may have already encountered the same error could be able to offer additional advice to resolve the problem.
We sincerely hope you can resolve the Disney Plus error code 24 using the solutions we gave. Consider reading our articles on Disney plus error code 142, Disney Plus not working on PS5, Disney plus error code 93, and many more, which we previously addressed in detail.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.