It is disappointing when you sit down to watch a long-awaited Disney movie but find that Disney Plus is not working on your PS5. There can be many reasons behind the malfunction; however, the good news is that we have comprehensive solutions in this guide that you can apply in this situation. Keep reading to know the fixes.
- Disney Plus may not fail to work on PS5 due to several causes, such as poor internet connection, using outdated software/app versions, Disney Plus/PlayStation server outages, and more.
- However, you can fix the trouble by power cycling your internet device/PS5 console, updating the system software on PS5, reinstalling the Disney Plus app, etc.
- You should contact Disney Plus’ and PlayStation’s support teams if none of the solutions resolves the situation.
Why Is Disney Plus Not Working On My PS5?
Whenever your encounter problems with the smooth functioning of Disney Plus on your PS5, it can be due to server outages, weak internet connection, using older software/app versions, a buildup of corrupt data in system files, or using the same account on multiple devices.
Fret not because you are in safe hands. We will provide you with our team’s most effective methods, which helped resume Disney Plus’ operation on our PS5. Also, check out our guides on PlayStation 5 errors NW-102311-8 and CE-10002-3.
How To Fix Disney Plus Not Working On PS5?
This section will discuss step-by-step processes for each fix to make things easier and quicker on your end. Without further ado, let’s look at the solutions.
Check The Server Status
Sometimes, a problem with Disney Plus’ working can be traced to some server fault. Besides, PlayStation server outages can also temper the proper running of several online features on the console, including streaming services. The servers can be down due to multiple causes, like ongoing maintenance by the technical team or the presence of glitches.
So, how can you check if the servers are down? Use the steps below.
Disney Plus Servers
- Open the browser on your PC or mobile phone.
- Type “Disney Plus Servers” in the search bar.
- Hit “Enter.”
- Once the results are up, go to the first link.
- It will read, “Disney+ Down?”
- If the following screen says, “User Reports Indicate No Current Problems At Disney+,” the servers are doing fine.
- Search “PlayStation Server Check” on your browser.
- Choose the link that says “PSN Service Status.”
- Pick your country from the drop-down on the next screen.
- If there are no issues with the PS servers, you will see the message “All Services Are Up And Running.”
Take An Internet Speed Test
Find out if your internet’s speed does not meet the minimum requirements to stream content on Disney Plus. The internet speed recommendations for the streaming service to work perfectly are 5 Mbps for high-definition content and 25 Mbps for 4K UHD content, as per the official Disney Plus Help Center.
- Go to the browser and type “Internet Speed Test.”
- Click on the link that says “Speedtest By Ookla.”
- It will take you to the speed test page.
- Press the “Go” button.
- Wait for the test results to load.
- Check if the current speed meets the minimum requirements. If not, head to the next fix.
Perform A Power Cycle On Your Internet Device
As we mentioned, poor internet connectivity can be one of the causes why Disney Plus is acting up on your console. A power cycle will remove any bugs and glitches in your internet connection and restore it to normal. In addition, it may also help speed up your internet.
Here is how to do it.
- Access your internet router and press the “Power” button.
- It will turn off the device.
- Unplug the wires connecting the device to the power supply.
- After a minute, reattach the wires and turn on your router.
- Restore the internet connection on your PS5 and stream Disney Plus.
Power Cycle Your PS5 Console
It is another method that fixed many PS5 errors for us, such as CE-10005-6. Power cycling the console will clean the system of temporary bugs and data glitches hindering its error-free functioning.
Follow these steps to power cycle your PS5.
- Turn off PS5 via the “Power” button.
- Disconnect it from the main power supply by pulling out the power cord.
- Wait for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reconnect the power cords to resume the power supply.
- Turn on PS5 by pressing the “Power” button.
- Launch Disney Plus to check if it is working.
Look For Disney Plus Updates
Updating the app in line with the recent changes enables a hassle-free operation. Hence, see if any new updates are available for Disney Plus on your PS5. If yes, install the update and restart the app to check if the problem is gone.
Sign Out Of Your Account On Other Devices
If Disney Plus keeps crashing on your console, see if you are logged in with the same account on other devices. If that is the case, sign out of your account on all devices. Then, log in to your account and access it on your console.
Log Out Of Your PS5 Profile
This simple step can fix many PlayStation, such as the PS4 “Appear Offline” Feature Not Working Issue. So, log out of your PS5 user profile and log in back again with these steps.
- Select your “Profile Avatar” from the top-right corner of your PS5 “Homescreen.”
- Pick “Log Out” from the drop-down.
- You are now logged out of your account.
- The message reads, “Press The PS Button On Your Controller.”
- Press the “PlayStation” button to continue.
- Choose your user profile and log back in.
Lower Disney Plus’ Streaming Quality
Reducing the streaming quality can also help fix the crashing issues. You can stream the content in lower video quality to prevent the app from malfunctioning.
This is how to adjust the streaming quality on your Disney Plus app.
- Launch Disney Plus on your PS5.
- Click on your “Profile Avatar” at the top-right corner.
- Pick “App Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose between “Save Data” or “Moderate” options to reduce the streaming quality.
- Restart the app to see if the problem is solved.
Turn Off HDR On PS5 Console
If you have enabled HDR picture quality on your console, it may be one of the causes why Disney Plus is not working. Turn off this feature and see if the app has returned to normal functioning.
- Click on the “Settings” icon from the “Homescreen.”
- Go to “Screen And Video.”
- Choose “Video Output” from the left panel.
- Highlight “HDR” and toggle it off.
Clean Cache On Disney Plus
Clearing the cache can help eliminate several errors and bugs in the app. Consequently, you can return to uninterrupted streaming of your favorite Disney Plus content.
To clear the cache, follow these steps.
- Access the “Settings” menu from the PS5 “Main Screen.”
- Find “Saved Data And Game/App Settings” in the list and click on it.
- Choose “Saved Data.”
- Go to “Console Storage.”
- Look for the “Disney Plus” app on the installed games and apps list.
- Select it.
- Hit “Delete.”
- Press “OK.”
- It will open a “Deleting” box to initiate the process.
Reinstall The Disney Plus Application
Reinstalling the Disney Plus app on your PS5 will remove glitches that developed in its files. Moreover, this method will also sort out any problems that may have occurred during the app’s installation process.
Below are the steps to reinstall Disney Plus on your console.
- Open your console’s “Homescreen.”
- You will see two options at the top bar, “Games” and “Media.”
- Go to the “Media” section.
- Navigate to the Disney Plus application.
- Press the “Options” button on your PS5 controller.
- It will open a drop-down menu.
- Select “Delete.”
- It will delete Disney Plus from your console.
- Next, go to the “Search” icon from the top bar. It looks like a magnifying glass.
- Type “Disney Plus” in the search bar and hit “Done.”
- Once the app pops up on the screen, download it.
Rebuild PS5 Database
It acts like a soft reset for your PlayStation console. Rebuilding the database will clear the system of errors and bugs which may be hindering the proper running of Disney Plus. Furthermore, it will speed up your console by giving it a fresh start.
Get done with this process comfortably by following our guide.
- Access the PS5 “Homescreen.”
- Press the “PlayStation” button on your controller.
- You will see lots of menu options at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigate to the “Power” icon and select it.
- Choose “Turn Off PS5” from the sub-menu.
- Wait for the system to shut down.
- Hold the “Power” button on your console for about 7 to 8 seconds until you hear two “beep” sounds.
- Let go after the second beep.
- Connect the PS5 controller to the console via a USB cable.
- Head to the screen.
- Now, press the “PlayStation” button from the controller.
- Your console should be in “Safe Mode.”
- Scroll down to the fifth option in the list.
- It says, “Clear Cache And Rebuild Database.” Select it.
- Choose “Rebuild Database” from the next screen.
- Hit “OK” to confirm the rebuild.
- You will see a “Rebuilding Database” screen. Wait for it to complete.
- Once finished, turn on your PS5 and use the Disney Plus app.
Update The System Software
Ensure you use the latest software version on your console to avoid unwanted errors and streaming issues. Updating the software will enable the smooth functioning of the console’s games and apps, including Disney Plus.
Let’s dive into the steps you can use to update the software on PS5.
- Launch the “Settings” menu from the “Main Screen.”
- Choose “System.”
- Select “System Software” from the left menu panel.
- Then, navigate to “System Software Update And Settings.”
- If it says “Update Available” in front of the first option on this screen, “Update System Software,” a new update is available for your console. Click on it.
- Pick “Update Using Internet.”
- Hit the “Update” button on the bottom right.
- You will see a “Restarting Your PS5” screen. Wait for a few seconds.
- Next, it will show an “Installing” message. Let it complete.
- The update is ready to install.
- The next screen will read, “Installing The Update File.”
- Do not turn off your internet or console during the entire process.
What Should I Do If Nothing Fix The Problem?
If you cannot resume Disney Plus’ operation on your console after trying all the methods mentioned above, contact Disney Plus Help Center to get personalized help for your account.
If that does not help, log in to Disney Plus on any other device, such as your mobile phone. See if you can conveniently watch the shows and movies. If yes, head to the PlayStation Support Team and tell them about this issue with your PS5.
Consequently, you can use these solutions when Disney Plus is not working on your PS5 console. Make sure that you have a steady internet to watch the content uninterrupted. Happy watching!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is Disney Plus Not Working On My PS5?
Disney Plus may not run on PS5 due to many causes, such as an unsteady internet connection, server outages, the presence of faulty data in the app's files, etc.
How Can I Fix Disney Plus Not Working On PS5?
You can power cycle your internet router/PS5 console, clear saved data for the Disney Plus app, reinstall the application, lower the streaming quality, and more to resolve this problem.
Will Rebuilding Database Delete Data On My Console?
No, rebuilding the database on PS5 will not affect your installed games and apps. Therefore, performing this fix will not delete any system data.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.