If ESPN is not working on Xfinity for you, you’re not the only one. This issue is mostly caused by a faulty internet connection, but there can also be other reasons behind it.
- ESPN can stop working on Xfinity for anyone.
- If you cannot watch ESPN on Xfinity, it can be due to a weak internet connection, unavailability of ESPN services in your region, ESPN server faults, etc.
- You can resolve the issue by power cycling your internet router, restarting the ESPN app, rechecking your ESPN subscription, and more.
Why Is ESPN Not Working On Xfinity?
While loading ESPN on the Xfinity channel, you may encounter ESPN picture problems, loading issues, lagging, or other troubles with the app. It can occur due to several reasons, such as;
- An unsteady internet connection.
- The presence of bugs or glitches in the app’s data or your Xfinity device.
- Either ESPN or the Xfinity device does not support your country/region.
- You are using an outdated version of the ESPN app.
- ESPN server outages.
- Glitches in your ESPN profile.
- Your ESPN subscription has expired.
- ESPN is not included in your Xfinity package.
How To Fix ESPN Not Working On Xfinity?
Whenever you face issues with the Xfinity ESPN Plus app, use these solutions to eliminate the problem quickly. In addition, we will elaborate on each method well to make things convenient and simple. So, without further ado, let’s read the fixes.
Restart The ESPN App
Quit the ESPN app on your device, wait for a minute, and then relaunch the application on your Xfinity device. See if the problem is gone.
Inspect ESPN Servers
All ESPN services, including those in the ESPN+ app and the channel, will be halted when the servers are down. There can be multiple causes behind a server outage, such as maintenance by the technical staff, viruses or glitches, or problems with the ESPN server connection.
Do not worry if you are unaware of how to carry out this method. Below, you will find the steps we use to get the server status of different services, including ESPN.
- Open your Default Browser on either a PC or a smartphone.
- Type ESPN Server Status and start the search.
- Go to the website which says, ESPN Down? Current Outages And Problems.
- If the servers are up and running, the following screen should read, User Reports Indicate No Current Problems At ESPN.
- In addition, you can also look at ESPN Outage Map to check if users are reporting service issues in a particular region.
Power Cycle Your Internet Router
Performing a power cycle on your router is a quick fix for an unending list of console and game errors, like Disney Plus Not Working On PS5 and PlayStation Error WS-37431-8. Besides, our team solved ESPN: The Country Specified Is Not Supported with this simple technique. This is how you do it.
- Press the Power Button at the back of your internet router to turn off the device.
- Push the Switch Off on the electrical board on your wall.
- Unplug the Power Cord from the router.
- Wait for at least 5 minutes.
- Connect the Power Cord.
- Turn On the power switch to provide an electrical supply to the router.
- Press the Power Button on the router to initiate its functioning.
- Restore The Internet Connection on your device once all the lights come on.
Ensure You Are Subscribed To ESPN On Your Cable Subscription
If you found ESPN not working today on your Xfinity device, make sure you have subscribed to ESPN on your Xfinity TV service package. This way, you should be able to access all ESPN channels and the ESPN app on the Xfinity box.
Check If Your ESPN Subscription Is Active
If you want to stream your favorite sports on Xfinity ESPN Plus, you must have a valid account. Check your attached email for any missed updates related to your ESPN subscription, such as payment dues. Sort out those issues and then go with an ESPN Xfinity login.
Re-login To Your ESPN Account
Another reason you cannot stream ESPN content on Xfinity may be due to the buildup of temporary bugs or glitches in your ESPN profile. Log out of your profile and log in with the account credentials to eliminate this problem.
Login To ESPN On Another Device
It may be possible that your chosen device is not compatible with either the ESPN services or the Xfinity services. In this case, install the ESPN app on a different laptop or a smartphone and see if you can stream the sporting events fine. If yes, then the issue has to be within the previous device.
Reinstall The ESPN App
Reinstalling the ESPN app clears its cache and any incorrect data in its files. Furthermore, it will sort out problems with the installation, for example, if the app’s installation was incomplete previously. Therefore, delete the app from your device and install it again from the respective store. Doing this enabled an ESPN user to resume the stream of their favorite sports on the ESPN app.
What Should You Do If Nothing Works?
If you have carried out all the above fixes but are still stuck with the issue, reaching out to Xfinity Assistant or the Xfinity Support Twitter Account will be a good idea. Besides, you can also post your queries on the Xfinity Community Forum and get proven solutions from fellow users. On the other hand, you can also access ESPN Help Center if the account is malfunctioning on all devices.
Lastly, this is all you can do when you encounter ESPN not working on Xfinity. Our team came up with the most effective solutions to make things easier on your end. So, let us know in the comments which of the fix mentioned above did wonders for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is ESPN Out On Xfinity?
You can stream ESPN content on Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex.
How Do I Activate ESPN On Xfinity?
Once you have the ESPN subscription, go to "https://www.espn.com/watch/activate" on your device and type the "Activation Code" received in your connected Email.
What Can I Do If ESPN Servers Are Down?
The service will not work when the ESPN servers are down. You can only wait for the experts to fix the faults within their servers before you can stream anything on the ESPN app.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.