You sit down with a cup of your beloved beverage after the day’s chores to watch an episode or two of your favorite shows. Instead, you encounter Peacock not working on your device. We have been there as well. So, let us assure you that the fixes we will talk about in this guide will most definitely resolve Peacock’s functioning on your device.
- Peacock may not work on your device for several reasons, such as a poor internet network, ongoing server issues, the presence of corrupt data in the app’s files, etc.
- Restarting your internet/device, cleaning the cache and app’s data, reinstalling the Peacock app, and other fixes can solve this problem on your device.
- Peacock is available in a limited number of countries as of November 2022. Hence you cannot access it if your location does not match the list of supported countries.
Why Is Peacock Not Working On My Device?
Peacock is compatible with many devices, such as PS4/PS5, Android and Apple Smart TVs (certain models), Xbox One, and more. Whenever you face troubles with the smooth running of this streaming service, you can list the reasons down to Peacock server problems, weak internet connection, build-up of faulty data, or the usage of an outdated app/device software.
No need to worry, we’ll share all the solutions our team found effective in resuming Peacock’s functionality. Let’s read them.
How To Resolve Peacock Not Working On My Device?
You will find detailed steps for each of our fixes. In this way, you can quickly resolve the issue and get back to binge-watching on Peacock. By the way, we also have solutions for the Peacock error 00012.
Restart The Peacock App
Restarting an app is one of the basic solutions to a wide range of errors. Exit the Peacock application on your device and relaunch it from the main screen to make temporary glitches go away.
Refresh The Peacock Tab On Your Browser
When streaming Peacock on your PC, such as Chrome, Opera, Edge, etc, refresh the tab if it does not work. If you are still unable to access the content, follow the next solutions.
Check Peacock Servers
Server problems are another reason why Peacock may fail to work on your device. Sometimes, the network’s servers could be down due to glitches or ongoing maintenance, thus halting the service throughout the globe. Use the steps below to be sure that the problem is on the server’s end.
- Search “Peacock server status” on your browser.
- Go to Downdetector.
- If the next screen reads, “User reports indicate possible problems at Peacock,” your doubts are confirmed.
In such cases, you have no option but to wait for the engineers at Peacock to fix their servers. You can only stream videos on the service once the servers are up and running. So, get an update after 10 minutes to see if the problem is resolved.
Update The Peacock Application
Using an old Peacock version can hinder video streaming on the app. Check if you have missed out on the latest Peacock updates on your device.
- Go to the “App Store” of your device.
- Search “Peacock”.
- You will see an “Update” button if there is a new update for the app.
- Click on the button to install the recent app updates on your device.
Sign Out Of Peacock On Other Devices
You may face trouble streaming shows on Peacock when you are logged in to multiple devices with the same account or using it simultaneously. Thus, sign out of the account on extra devices.
Stream Peacock On Another Device
If you cannot make the streaming service work on a certain device after multiple tries, try to use it on another device, for example, install it on your mobile phone if you watch the shows on your TV.
Enter your login credentials after the installation is complete, and play any video on the app. If you do not encounter any playback issues on this device, then the problem is likely within your previous device.
Inspect Your Internet Speed
Peacock requires an internet speed of at least 3.0 Mbps to stream videos. On the other hand, you should have 8.0 Mbps of speed to stream high-definition and live videos. If it is lower than the minimum requirements, you will experience difficulties streaming the content.
You can check your internet speed with the steps below.
- Open your browser on any device, such as a phone, PC, etc.
- Type “Check Internet Speed” in the search bar and hit “Enter.”
- Click on the first link, “Speedtest By Ookla” to perform a free speed check.
- Press “Go” on the next screen to perform a free speed check.
- Wait for the results to load.
- If the speed results do not match the minimum Peacock’s requirements, follow the next fix.
Restart Your Device
Whenever you restart any device, it clears the faulty data present within it. Therefore, all the applications get a fresh start when you turn on the device. So, turn off the device you are using to access Peacock and turn it back on after a minute. Launch the Peacock app to check its performance.
Reduce The Number Of Connected Devices To The Internet Network
The internet speed will surely suffer when many people access the same network on their devices. It can lower the network performance of your device, affecting the smooth operation of the Peacock app. So, disconnect any idle devices to stream content effectively on the service.
Power Cycle Your Internet Router
Peacock requires a strong internet connection to stream videos without interruption. Weak signals can interfere with its smooth running. Hence, access YouTube on another device, such as your mobile phone or PC to get an update on your internet’s functioning. If you face trouble loading the app, you need to power cycle your internet modem.
- Go to the modem.
- Turn it off by pressing the “Power” button.
- Unplug the router from the main power supply.
- Take a 1-minute pause.
- Replug the device from the power supply.
- Turn it on with the “Power” button.
- Go back to your device and reconnect it to the internet.
- See if you can stream Peacock. Head to the next solution if the problem persists.
Clear The App’s Cache And Data
Clearing the app’s cache, plus the data, effectively resumed the normal streaming of the Peacock app on our Android mobile phone. Doing this step will clear all the data glitches to make it work again. On the other hand, you will be logged out of your Peacock account after clearing the data. Hence, make sure you know the account credentials.
Here is how you can do both of these processes.
- Open the “Homescreen” of your phone.
- You will see all the installed and pre-installed apps.
- Navigate to the “Settings” icon and tap on it.
- Next, go to “Apps” from the phone’s settings.
- Find and tap on the “Peacock” app from the list.
- Go to “Storage.”
- You will see two options, first tap on “Clear Cache” and then “Clear Data.”
- The cache section will read, “0Mbps” upon the success of this step.
- Now, open “Peacock” on your phone to see if it is working fine.
Unfortunately, you cannot manually clear the cache on an iOs device. You need to restart your Apple device to clear the cache for all your installed apps, including Peacock.
For Smart TV
- From the “Homescreen,” go to the TV’s settings menu.
- You will see an “Apps” option. Select it with the remote.
- Navigate to the “Peacock” app in the list.
- Go to “Storage” and then press “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” in the section.
- Open Peacock, and log in to your account to examine its working.
For PC Browser (Google Chrome)
- Notice the three dots “⋮” at the top right corner of your Chrome screen.
- Move your cursor towards it and select it.
- A drop-down menu will appear with a list of different options.
- Move your cursor to the “Settings” option and head to it.
- On the left side, you will see a bunch of browser settings.
- Click “Privacy And Security.”
- From the next section, choose “Clear Browsing Data.”
- It will open a dialog box to manage the cache and browsing data.
- Mark “Cookies And Other Site Data” and “Cached Images And Files.”
- Hit the blue button in the dialog box, “Clear Data.”
- Launch the Peacock website, type your username and password and see if you can stream your favorite content after clearing the cache.
Check For Available Software Updated On Your Device
It is possible that your device is not updated with the recent software. Perform a check for possible software updates on your device and go ahead with the process if an update is available. Try to use Peacock after the new updates have been successfully installed.
Look Over Your Email For Missed Peacock Updates
You may have missed important Peacock updates related to the status of your account. Or you might have forgotten to pay the monthly subscription fee, which will put a halt to your Peacock account. Therefore, go to your email linked with the Peacock account and see if there’s any information related to your issue.
Refer To Peacock Support
When everything else fails, turn to the experts. Go to “Peacock Help” and explain your situation, plus all the solutions you have tried so far. The support team at Peacock will guide you through the issue and let you know if there are any issues with your account.
Find Out If Peacock Is Available In Your Country
As of November 2022, you can only stream Peacock in certain countries. Peacock will not work for you if you are based in any country outside of the ones mentioned in the list below.
To wrap up the guide, we want to let you know that our team carefully researched all these fixes you can use when Peacock is not working on your
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is Peacock Not Working?
Peacock may not work on your device if you are using an outdated app version/device software, have poor internet speed, or are based in a location where Peacock is currently unavailable.
How Can I Fix Issues Playing Peacock On My Device?
You can resume Peacock's running on your device by clearing the app's cache/data, reinstalling the app, restarting the internet router/Peacock app/ device, and more.
Why Does Peacock Take So Long To Load?
If the buffering icon does not go away for long periods while streaming Peacock, it can be due to a weak internet network. Power cycle your internet router and reduce the number of connected devices on the network to boost its performance.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.