Spotify Wrapped sometimes does not work due to multiple reasons. The most common cause is a temporary glitch or an outdated app. In most cases, the error can be resolved by clearing the app cache.
- In some situations, you may not be able to see your Spotify Wrapped Playlist.
- An outdated app or a temporary glitch can cause it.
- Try clearing your app cache and make sure your app is up-to-date.
How To See Your Spotify Wrapped Playlist?
We’ll show you how to access Spotify Wrapped correctly, but if you still can’t see the playlist after that, go through our recommended fixes below.
- You can view the banner saying “Your Wrapped 2022 is ready” by opening the Spotify app on your smartphone and scrolling down. You need to be logged in to see it.
- You should be able to see the story-liked feature after tapping the banner. You can also scroll down to see other year-end personalized playlists, such as Your Top Artists or Top Songs of the year.
- If you want to share your playlist, tap on the share button after the end of the stories or tap “Share this story” at the bottom of the page.
How To Fix Spotify Wrapped Not Working
If after executing the steps mentioned above to open Spotify wrapped, you still don’t see the option, or it doesn’t function for you. Observe the fixes we’ve proposed for the error, but first, try simply restarting Spotify and see if the issue resolves.
Force Stop Spotify
If you have this issue, force-quit the app and then re-open it to fix it. This will resolve the issue if a temporary glitch causes it.
- On your Home screen, select the Spotify app icon.
- Press and hold the app icon.
- Choose “App info” from the options that appear.
- Select “Force stop.”
- After that, open the Spotify app again and see if Wrapped works.
You can force-stop the app only on android devices. Apple devices do not give you the option to force stop. Therefore, you must remove the app from your recent apps and relaunch it on iOS.
Log Out And Log Back Into Your Spotify Account
If you cannot find the Wrapped playlist on Spotify, your account may have a problem. So, you might want to try signing out of your account and then back in again. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Open the Spotify app and select the settings icon in the top right corner of the home page.
- In the settings menu, scroll down and select the “Logout” option.
- After logging out, You will be taken to the app’s sign-in page.
- Enter your credentials and “Login.”
After logging back in, check to see if Wrapped is available.
Update The Spotify App
Another possibility for why you might not be able to see the Wrapped option is an out-of-date app. If that’s the case, we advise updating your app. While new updates are typically installed automatically, you can also check for and do so manually. Depending on your device type, you may find instructions on how to update the Spotify app below.
- Open the Google Play Store in the top right corner of the home screen, and press the profile icon.
- In the menu options, tap the “Manage apps and device” option.
- Then, select “Updates.”
- Here you will see all the available apps; look at “Spotify” and tap “Update” or click on “Update all.”
If Spotify is not on the list, it is up-to-date.
On iPhone Or iPad
- Launch the App store.
- Press your Apple ID icon in the home screen’s top right corner.
- Look for “Spotify” under the Updates section.
- If available, click on “Update.”It is up to date if you don’t see it on the list.
After the update is installed, launch the Spotify app and see if the Wrapped playlist is available.
Clear Spotify App Cache
The issue could also be resolved by clearing the app’s cache. Below are instructions for clearing the cache in the Spotify app.
- Navigate to your phone’s “Settings.”
- Go to “Apps and Notifications.”
- Scroll to find Spotify and tap it.
- As seen in the figure below, choose “Storage” from the available options.
- After that, choose “Clear Cache,” as depicted below.
Check if your Wrapped playlist is now visible on Spotify after clearing the cache on your phone and restarting it. Unfortunately, clearing the app cache is only an option on Android; Apple does not give you the option to do so. However, you can delete and reinstall the app on iOS to remove the cache.
Due to the recent launch of this service by Spotify, it may experience server lag due to heavy user traffic. However, if you use a free VPN service, you can always switch between servers. Try using Spotify Wrapped after downloading any free VPN app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Launch the Play Store or App Store.
- Search for any VPN; we recommend NordVPN or ExpressVPN.
- After the installation is complete, Connect to the VPN.
- Then, open Spotify to see if the Wrapped playlist appears for you.
Modify The Animation Scaling
Although highly effective, this solution is only available for Android devices and does not work with all phones. Try modifying the scaling of the animation in the developer options. You can enable it from the phone’s settings if you haven’t visited developer options.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Open “About” or “System Information.”
- Search for the “Software Information” option, and select.
- Look for the “Build Number” and tap on it.
- To access the developer settings, you may be required to enter your phone’s pin.
- After entering the pin, return to Settings.
- Select “Developer Options.”
- Find the “Animation Scale” or “Animation Duration Scale” options and select it.
- Modify it to something between 1x – 0.5x or turn it off.
Depending on your device’s make, one of these options ought to work.
Delete And Reinstall Spotify
We advise deleting Spotify and reinstalling it if the solutions mentioned above don’t seem to resolve the problem. Doing so will install the most recent version, removing all potentially corrupted data.
- Press and hold on to the Spotify app icon until it wobbles.
- Select the “Delete App” option.
- After uninstalling, visit the App Store.
- Search Spotify on the search bar.
- Reinstall the app.
- Launch the app, you may have to enter your credentials after reinstalling, and you will be able to find the Wrapped playlist on the Spotify Home page under the recently played tab.
- On your home screen, press and hold the Spotify app icon.
- From the app options that appear, select “Uninstall.”
- In the pop-up screen, press “Uninstall” again to confirm.
- Once installed, visit the Google Play Store.
- Search “Spotify” on the search bar.
- Install the Spotify app.
- Launch the app and enter your credentials. On the homepage of Spotify, you’ll be able to see your customized Wrapped playlist.
Contact Spotify Support
If you have tried all of our recommendations, and the problem still doesn’t seem to be fixed. Getting in contact with Spotify support would be your final resort. They can offer any additional technical assistance you may require to get the Wrapped feature to work.You can also create a post on the Spotify Reddit forum, where users who may have previously encountered the same problem might be able to provide more helpful advice.
To Wrap Up
We genuinely hope that the solutions we offer here can assist you in fixing your Spotify Wrapped not working issue. If you run into other Spotify errors, we suggest going through our additional Spotify guides, such as Spotify Error code 73, how to stop Spotify from adding songs to your Playlist, sharing liked songs on Spotify, and many others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won't Spotify run on my device?
You may using an outdated app or your internet might be unstable.
Spotify Wrapped compiles all of your information for the year, including Your Top Songs, Missed Hits, Wrapped playlists, Favorite Albums, etc.
Why is Spotify Wrapped not working?
It may not be working due to an outdated version of the app or a temporary glitch.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.