Restarting your console is a common fix to solve several Xbox errors, like 0x87e00013. If you are unsure how to restart Xbox One, read this guide to learn the process in detail. We will also inform you about all the different ways you can restart your Xbox One. Let’s head on.
- You can restart Xbox One in five ways. It can be through the Console, Guide Button, Mobile Phone, System Settings, or a Hard Restart.
- Restarting the Xbox One has many benefits, such as resolving multiple errors, clearing faulty cache data, removing temporary bugs or glitches, and fixing connectivity issues.
- Restarting Xbox One through the Guide Button is the safest option to keep your system healthy and error-free.
How To Restart Your Xbox One?
You can restart your Xbox console in multiple ways. This guide will discuss each of those ways in enough detail so you can swiftly complete the process.
Restart Via Console
You can directly restart Xbox One through the console when your screen is frozen or the controller has lost its functioning. Here are the most straightforward steps for this process.
- Go to your Xbox One.
- Locate the Xbox Button on your console and press it.
- Let the system Shut Down.
- Wait for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now, press the Xbox Button to turn on your console.
Restart Via Guide Button
Restarting through the Homescreen is the safest option. It maintains your console’s overall health and keeps the files safe and secure.
- Come to the Homescreen.
- Press the Guide button on your controller. It looks like the Xbox Logo.
- It will open a menu on the Left Side of the screen.
- Scroll to your Profile Avatar in the top column of this side menu.
- Select Power.
- Choose Restart Console.
Restart Via Mobile Phone
You can use your Android or iOs mobile phone as a remote to control your Xbox One console or play games. However, you need to connect Xbox One to your phone before using it to restart the console. So, let’s look at how you can connect the two devices.
It will enable a faster console startup and allow you to manage the console with your smartphone.
- Under the Profile And System section, go to Settings.
- Highlight General from the left panel.
- Go to Power Mode & Startup.
- Choose Power Mode.
Power Mode – Image Credits [Emopulse]
- Select Instant-On from the mini menu.
Connect Xbox One to Mobile Phone
- Launch the Play Store or App Store on your device.
- Search Xbox and install the app.
- Sign in to the app with your Xbox Live credentials.
- Press the Streaming Symbol on the top right of the screen beside the notification icon.
- You will see a menu pop up from the Bottom of your screen.
- Tap the button which says Set Up A Console.
- Choose Set Up A New Console.
NOTE: Make sure your mobile phone and Xbox are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Enter the numbers displayed on your screen.
Restart Xbox One
- Once successfully connected, come to the Main Screen of the Xbox App.
- Tap the Xbox Symbol at the top left corner.
- Now, pick Open Remote Control.
- You will have complete access to your Xbox One console.
- Click on the Three Horizontal Lines on the right side of the Xbox Logo.
- A More Options menu will appear from the Bottom.
- Tap the second option, Turn Off Console.
- The console will shut down.
- Next, press the Xbox Symbol on the remote’s screen to turn on the console.
- Confirm the process by tapping Turn On Console.
A hard restart, also known as a power cycle or a cold restart, is a simple solution for several errors that may occur in different consoles, streaming services, mobile apps, games, etc. I Am Fish Not Working, and Xbox Error 8015102 are two errors that can be solved with a hard restart.
Learn how to perform a power cycle on your Xbox One with the following steps.
- Go to your Xbox One console.
- Press the Xbox Button for 10 seconds to shut down the system.
- Turn off the Power Switch on the Switch Board.
- Remove the Power Cord from your console.
- Unplug the wire from the Switch Board.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Reconnect the Power Cord.
- Resume the Power Supply.
- Press the Xbox Button on the console to turn it on.
Restart Via Console Settings
It is another way to restart your Xbox One. However, restarting your console via the Settings Menu may be a little more time-consuming.
- Open your console’s Homescreen.
- Hit the Guide Button on your wireless controller.
- It will give you access to the side menu.
- Find the Profile Avatar at the extreme right of the top bar and select it.
- You will see the Profile And System section.
- Choose Settings, the third option on this menu.
- It will take you to another screen.
- From General, navigate to Power Mode & Startup.
- There should be Five Options in the left panel.
- Pick Restart Now.
When Should You Consider Restarting Your Xbox One?
There are various circumstances under which one should consider restarting an Xbox One. We will list them below, so it is easy for you to remember. Restart your Xbox when;
- You have finished updating your Xbox One or one of its installed apps.
- The system is running slow and lagging often.
- You encounter errors, like Xbox errors, game errors, streaming app errors, etc.
- The screen is frozen, and you cannot navigate the system with your controller.
- Your Xbox controller has lost its functioning in the middle of your usage.
- You face hardware issues, like overheating.
- The console fails to detect external devices, for example, the Xbox controller or a USB.
What Are The Benefits Of Restarting Xbox One?
Restarting is a simple troubleshooting process you can apply in many situations. It has several benefits, such as it;
- Resolves ongoing Xbox errors.
- Clears the faulty cache data in your console’s system to give it a fresh start.
- Eliminates temporary bugs and glitches which may be causing different errors in Xbox.
- Boosts the console’s speed; hence you can quickly navigate the system.
- Frees up space in RAM storage by deleting temporary files of the installed games and apps.
- Fixes connectivity issues.
- Hard restarting your console will reset the system software to clean up errors.
How Does Restarting The Console Solves Xbox Errors?
As mentioned in the above section, restarting your console will fix its cache and remove ongoing bugs and glitches on your system. Because most Xbox errors occur due to these factors, restarting will resolve the errors to give you an uninterrupted gaming experience.
To sum it up, restarting Xbox One is the first solution you should try for most errors on your console. It is quick and does not require much effort. We hope the process is clear to you now.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Different Ways To Restart Xbox One?
You can restart your console in multiple ways. For example, via console, home screen, mobile phone, system settings, or perform a power cycle on your Xbox One.
How Do I Hard Restart My Xbox One?
Turn off the system via the "Xbox button" on the console and disconnect the power cable. Reconnect the cable after 5 minutes and turn on your Xbox One with the "Xbox button."
Which Is The Quickest Method To Restart Xbox One?
The quickest method to restart your Xbox One is through the "Guide Button."
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.