The latest Xbox’s require the purchase host if you want to traverse and buy things in your store. However, recently the store has been nothing but a cesspool of bugs, with many users running into the problem of the Xbox purchase host not updating. Due to this, many users have been left frustrated and anguished, however, fret not, for we’ll lay down everything for you very simply.
- Upon occurring, the error will not let you update and will show that the update bar is stuck at 0%.
- Little is known as to why this error occurs, although some speculate that it has to do with the SSD being buggy, while others suggest that it happens due to network issues.
- To fix this, you can try clearing the MAC address and cache while doing offline updates and factory resets.
Why Is Microsoft Xbox Purchase Host Not Updating
- It’s an update that one must do before playing any other games. However, the update itself just does not go through.
- A user on the Microsoft forums described this best when they said that the installation wouldn’t go beyond 0% even after several hours had passed. This user on Reddit gave an hour-by-hour analysis over the course of several hours.
- Some users also reported that it caused their games to lag, while it led others to errors like error 0x8b050033.
- One user on Quora suggested that the issue might lie with the internal SSD itself. However, they also said that that’s most likely the worst-case scenario here.
- Most likely, the case is that it has something to do with the network itself.
Also read: Microsoft Misses Xbox Game Pass 2022 Subscribers Target By 10 Million
How To Fix The Issue Of Microsoft Xbox Purchase Host Not Updating?
There’s frighteningly little on the internet about this issue. However, do not let that scare you since we’ll be guiding you every step of the way. Before we begin, there’s one pre-fix that we might think will work really, really well. You should restart your internet beforehand since that’ll help tremendously early on. Beyond that, here’s a list of potential fixes:
- Clearing MAC address
- Clearing Cache
- Trying an Offline System Update
- Factory Resetting the Console
Clearing MAC Address
According to our testing, this is actually the method that has the most chance of working. Before you initiate the process, we’d recommend a hard reset. Here’s how to do that:
- Press the “Xbox Power Button” for 10 seconds until it turns off.
- Wait 1 minute with it being off
- Turn it back on.
Next, clear the MAC address. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Navigate to “General.”
- Go to “Network Settings.”
- Make your way to “Advanced Settings.”
- Click on “Alternative MAC Address” and then click clear.
Now that you’ve cleared it, you’d want to restart your Xbox One, and this should hopefully help take care of your issue. If it still persists, we move on to the next one.
To clear the cache on Xbox One, here’s what you can do:
- Hold the “Power Button” down.
- Unplug the power cord of your Xbox from its back.
- Press and hold the “Power button” on the Xbox One.
- Plug the cord back in.
- Wait and then press the Power button again.
Like that, your cache should be cleared, and you should be ready to go.
Trying An Offline System Update
An offline system update is exactly what the name suggests; for this, you’ll need a USB flash drive. Here’s how you can do this:
- Completely shut down your Xbox.
- Hold the “Controller Sync Button.”
- Now, your Xbox will boot into recovery mode, at which point you’ll plug in your flash drive.
- Next, you will select the “Offline System Update,” at which point, the system will give you instructions on how to proceed further.
This is one way of updating your device’s framework. However, we’re aware that not everyone has a flash drive available at all times, which makes us move on to the final fix.
Factory Resetting The Console
Our final solution here is to factory reset the console. Once you run into the error where the Microsoft Xbox Purchase Host is not updating, you must press the power button, sync button, and the CD eject button all at once to get the console to boot into safe mode. After which, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to “Settings” and then “System.”
- Move into “Console Info.”
- Go into “Reset Console.”
- Click on “Reset and keep my games and apps.”
This should factory reset your console while retaining your games.k
What To Do If None Of The Fixes Work?
If you’re one of the unlucky ones and nothing seems to be doing the trick, you can contact Xbox support, and they will be happy to help you with the problem. You can contact them by going to their website.
Hopefully, this guide was of help, and you’re no longer facing any issues regarding the Microsoft Xbox purchase host not updating. If you’re here, chances are you’re an avid Xbox user. Here’s a bunch of our other guides that might interest you and come in handy:
- What Is Xbox Error Code 0xe0e8000f
- Xbox Error Code 0x87e50007
- Xbox Error Code 0x87e00013
- Microsoft Store Not Working On Xbox One
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change my Microsoft purchase settings?
Modify Microsoft Store sign-in preferences for purchases on Windows
Open the Microsoft Store, then click Profile to the right of the search field.
Go to App settings > Sign-in with purchases.
What is a MAC address?
Each device on a network has a unique identity known as a Media Access Control address (MAC address). It is primarily assigned by the manufacturer. They are frequently located on the network interface controller (NIC) card of a device.
What is cache?
The main goal of a cache is to improve data retrieval performance by minimising access to the slower storage layer beneath. A cache often stores a subset of data transiently, sacrificing capacity for speed, as opposed to databases, whose data is normally comprehensive and long-lasting.
What is a hard reset?
You can reset your phone to factory settings to erase all of the data it contains. Hard resets and formatting are other names for factory resets.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.