PS4 update 10.00 has some errors attached to it, due to which some users are unable to install it. This is due to some issues with the PSN servers. However, there are plenty of other reasons behind it as well, such as poor internet connection and not enough storage available.
- The latest PS4 update, 10.00, has some errors, and users are unable to install it.
- It can happen because of a poor network connection, unavailable PSN servers, or insufficient storage.
- You can fix this by updating via safe mode or using a USB drive to install the update.
How To Fix PS4 Update 10.00 Error
As you’d know, the major Sony updates have some errors, and that is the case with the update 10.00 error. The update won’t install on your console, or the update will install and be pending, or the update won’t install at all.
Though there is no specific reason for it, it could happen because of an unstable internet connection, insufficient storage space, interrupted download process, down PlayStation Network servers, or an issue with the update file itself.
Here, we will tell you about all methods you can do to update your PS4 without any hassle. So, without any further ado, let’s start.
Check Your Internet Connection
A poor network connection can trigger this error. Make sure that you have a stable internet connection by determining its speed. You can do an internet speed test by following these steps:
- Switch on your PC.
- Go to any browser.
- Search for “internet speed test.”
- Open the first link that appears.
- Speedtest by Ookla will check your network connection and give a comprehensive report.
Check PSN Servers
Another way to solve the PS4 system software update error is by checking the PSN servers.
Follow the instructions below to check the PSN servers through the PS4 website:
- Start your device.
- Select “Google Chrome.”
- Look for “PSN servers” in the search bar.
- Choose the first available link.
- Select your country to see whether the PSN servers are inaccessible.
To check the PSN servers using Downdetector, follow these steps:
- Navigate to any browser.
- Look up “downdetector.”
- Select the first link.
- Enter “PlayStation Network” into the search box.
- Your screen will display the most current reports of any significant outrages.
Use Safe Mode To Update System Software
Always try to update your PlayStation through Safe Mode. It would prevent the console from creating any errors like PS4 update 10.00 error SU-42118-6. So, to do so, follow the below-mentioned process:
- Press and hold onto your PS4 console’s power button till it beeps twice.
- Do as the instructions on the screen direct you.
- After connecting the DualShock 4 controller to the console, tap on the PS button.
- The Safe Mode menu will appear on your screen.
- Now, select “Update System Software.”
Use A USB Drive To Update System Software
It will help if you consider updating the PS4 using a USB drive. The following steps will guide you to do this:
- Download the latest file for your PS4 device from the PlayStation website.
- Make a “PS4” folder on your USB device.
- Create a new folder inside that one called “UPDATE SYSTEM SOFTWARE.”
- Copy the update file to the “UPDATE SYSTEM SOFTWARE” folder.
- Now, plug the USB drive into your PlayStation 4.
- Navigate to “Settings.”
- Select “Update via USB storage device” under “System Software Update.”
- To finish the update, follow as prompted on-screen.
Restore Your PS4 To Default Settings
If nothing is working in your favor, then you should try restoring the PS4 to its default settings. This method is helpful in resolving the PS4 update 10.00 error SU-42481-9. To implement it, follow these instructions:
- Turn on your PS4.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Now, select “Initialization.”
- Click on “Restore Default Settings” and do as per the on-screen instructions.
Free Up Storage On PS4 Hard Drive
It would be best if you free up some space on the PS4 hard drive by deleting unused games and applications, including game saves and demos, moving games and applications to an external hard drive, transferring game saves and other data to a USB drive or cloud storage, uninstalling games that you no longer play or that have multiple large games save files, clearing the cache data for games and applications, changing the settings for automatic downloads and uploads only to occur when the system is in rest mode, or purchasing a larger internal hard drive for extra storage.
Check Your PS4’s Blu-ray Drive
If the solutions mentioned above are going in vain, then there is a hardware issue, and you should check your Blu-ray drive. Checking the Blu-ray drive on a PS4 requires technical expertise and should only be attempted by a professional repair service or a trained technician. Here are the general steps involved in its process:
- Turn off the PS4 and unplug it from the power source.
- Remove the screws on the bottom panel of the PS4.
- Carefully remove the bottom panel to access the internal components of the PS4.
- Locate the Blu-ray drive and disconnect any cables connected to it.
- Check for any dirt, dust, or fingerprints on the disc. Clean it with a microfiber cloth, wiping it from the center of the disc to the outside edge.
- Check the disc for damage, and look for cracks, scratches, or bends in the disc.
- Reattach the cables to the Blu-ray drive.
- Replace the bottom panel and secure it with the screws.
- Turn on the PS4 and try installing the update 10.00.
In this article, we have told you about the major troubleshooting methods for the PS4 update 10.00 error. If you have any further questions, you can drop them in our comments section below.
Also, we have covered other error guides in the past, including Netflix Error AIP-703, Hulu Error Code DRMCDM78, and DNS Error NW-102311-8 On PS5.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix a PlayStation 4 update error?
To fix a PlayStation 4 update error, check your internet connection, restart the PS4, clear the cache, reinstall system software or initialize the PS4.
Why does my PS4 keep saying an error has occurred in the system software?
A message indicating that an error in the system software of a PS4 may be caused by various issues, including hard drive problems, system software updates, overheating, damaged games or apps, and corrupted data.
Why is PS4 not updating?
There can be a number of reasons why a PS4 is not updating. Some common ones include network issues, insufficient storage, software glitch, update server problem, or firewall or security software.
Why does it say Cannot install update file PS4?
The error "Cannot install update file" on PS4 may be caused by several factors, including a corrupted update file, low hard drive storage, or an update server issue.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback
How could we improve this post? Please Help us.